Head of Strategic Property Services
Salary: £73,557 to £89,319; dependant on skills and experience
Are you an inspiring leader who is passionate about utilising your property expertise for the public good?
Do you have a commercial and entrepreneurial approach to property asset management, with strong budgetary and financial acumen?
Do you love managing a varied property portfolio, dealing with investment and operational assets ranging from industrial to offices, retail to farming, to exciting regeneration programmes?
Your task will be to lead and drive positive, ambitious transformation of the Council’s non-housing property estate, creating and implementing opportunities for income creation, asset optimisation and economic growth.
Enfield Council are looking for an MRICS qualified, collaborative and courageous leader, who will lead, inspire, grow and manage Enfield’s growing Strategic Property Services team, implementing best professional practices and optimising the Council’s property assets to meet corporate objectives and ensuring delivery of the Council’s newly adopted Strategic Asset Management Plan and Corporate Landlord Policy.
You will play a pivotal role in ensuring Enfield’s Councils property assets are made the most of, for the benefit of Enfield’s people.
Strategic Property Services is a growing team of public sector property professionals, who are passionate about optimising Enfield Council’s property assets to create community dividends. They have created an ambitious new Strategic Asset Management Plan for Enfield, which will deliver on the Council’s broadest corporate objectives, including economic growth, diversity, sustainability, well-being and new homes. They manage all 1,100 of Enfield’s non-housing assets, from their own operational accommodation, to industrial estates, retail assets and farms in the Green Belt, with a current income of c.£8M p/a from our investment estate. They act as the Council’s Corporate Landlord, responsible for ensuring compliance across the portfolio. Strategic Property Services undertakes all aspects of property asset management, from leases and licences, to disposals, acquisitions, development deals and joint ventures.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- Flexible approach to working hours patterns, ideal for people with caring responsibilities.
- Ability to work remotely as well as in the office or on site.Annual upward salary increments within the stated salary scale.
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods e.g. CIPFA and RICS.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
How to Apply
Please apply to Alistair Carter, enclosing a full CV together with current remuneration details quoting reference 40531. Alternatively call on 020 7318 1774 for a confidential discussion. All direct applications to Enfield Council will be forwarded to Macdonald & Company.