Asia Development Director
Our client is a global leader in workplace solutions, offering the widest range of products and services that allow individuals and companies to work however, wherever, and whenever they need to. The group operates almost 3,000 business centres in more than 100 countries and 1,000 cities. Products and services include fully furnished, equipped and staffed offices, world-class business support services, meeting conference and training facilities and the world’s largest network of public videoconference rooms.
They are looking for an ambitious, high quality prefessional to join the team in Asia, based in Singapore or Hong Kong.
Purpose / Direction / Mission of this role:
The way the World works is changing and they have helped make this happen. Flexible workspace has become part of everyday life for organisations and individuals. They need to accelerate the growth of their network in Asia, this person will lead the team that delivers this.
- Lead a team of Development professionals to deliver the growth plan across Asia.
- Agree annual targets for new centre acquisition by brand and country.
- Analyse customer demand by benchmarking existing centre and competitor centre performance.
- Identify and evaluate potential site acquisition opportunities.
- Generate and maintain strong working relationships with property owners, developers, investor and Real estate brokers
- Position and explain the proposition to agents/brokers and manage search activities
- Site selection and evaluation of possible development locations. Conduct site surveys and instruct technical surveys as appropriate.
- Develop a business case and supporting financial modelling to support each new opportunity.
- Lead and manager lease negotiation process including commercial and legal documentation.
- Position the client as the Number 1 choice for landlords across Asia.
- Drive the Drive the adoption of “Management Agreements” as the norm for landlords in Asia.
- Asset Management – consistently review agreements with landlords to ensure these are favourable.
- Drive team performance to consistently outperform targets.
- Work in conjunction with colleagues to position the client as the Number 1 flexible workspace oerator in Asia.
- Experience gained within the Property industry in a Sales/Commercial/Negotiation/development job or in a Property leadership job in a fast-paced, multi-site industry.
- Commercial focus – ability to identify opportunities and position the client as the right partner for all stakeholder groups.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Proven leader with who can demonstrate the ability to get the best out of people.
- Strong personal resilience.
- Ability to prioritise and make decisions to tight timescales.
- Dynamic, hands-on, proactive self-starter
- Strong team player
- Ability to interact with all levels in the organisation.