This top tier European private equity firm investing across diversified asset classes with a value add to opportunistic approach wants to hire a highly numerate Associate (3-5 years' experience) Asset Manager with great Excel modelling skills to join asmall team with responsibility for mixed assets across Europe.
Primary function is the support of senior members of the asset management team with the following initiatives:
* Daily interaction with external asset managers on business plans, including preparing and agreeing budgets, reviewing property management accounts and ensuring on time delivery of quarterly information
* Collaboration with acquisitions team, portfolio managers, and accountants to model asset cash flows, waterfalls, and projections
* Monitoring existing asset performance including monthly and quarterly metric comparison and budget to underwriting performance.
* Preparation of quarterly asset management update reports for each asset
* Quarterly portfolio-wide asset valuation process
* Running scenario analysis for potential sales and re-financings in order to make strategic decisions regarding the asset business plans
* Overseeing compliance with financing obligations (collating delivery of compliance certificates for banks, ensuring debt facilities are promptly drawn and utilized, liaising with advisors to develop deal-by-deal hedging and refinancing strategies)
Education: Strong undergraduate degree, preferably with a focus on Real Estate, Finance or Business
3-5 years' experience gained in real estate-focused investment banking, investment management, corporate finance, consulting, or private equity
Requires strong modelling skills in Excel with the ability to build complex DCF models
Experience of preparing reporting for investors and Board
Good understanding of real estate as an asset class.
Strong written communication skills and excellent spoken and written English
A second European language would be an advantage, German speakers in particular
Experience in asset managing via third party operating partners would be an advantage
Competitive salary and attractive bonus and benefits offered along with a collegiate culture and a great working environment