Candidates should have at between three and five years of relevant work experience, with strong analytical and writing skills. Exposure to private funds with a real estate focus is a requirement. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to take initiative, be capable of thriving in an entrepreneurial environment and be able to work well independently and within teams.
Candidates for the position should possess experience of commercial real estate investment, ideally gained in a research, investment or investor relations capacity. The role requires management of multiple projects, often under time constraints or deadlines, interaction and communication with clients and great attention to detail. The successful candidate will work closely with the Partners and will have the opportunity to engage directly in the fund formation process for leading private equity firms.
Pre client on-boarding and engagement
Working with a Partner to analyse whether an opportunity to raise capital for a fund, investment club or joint venture should be taken on. Activity will include:
* Relevant real estate market analysis
* Fund manager competitor analysis
* Fund manager track record analysis
* Help with fund manager reference checks
* Collating relevant information into the database and adding meeting/call notes into the CRM system
* Ability to understand financial models for real estate funds in order to review the initial models and client underwriting.
Post client on-boarding and engagement
* Co-ordinate creation of marketing materials, presentations & factsheets with client
* Assist with creation of due diligence documents, eg the PPM, LPA, INREV DDQ etc.
* Assist with putting together and populating data rooms.
During the fundraise phase
* Keep marketing information up-to-date and create relevant fund updates (relating to fundraising, acquisitions etc.)
* Send out occasional mail merges to a large number of investors and keep a close track of this in Excel/Salesforce CRM
* Help filling in detailed investor request for information templates (working directly with client)
* Support investor-facing team by sending requested information to investors
* Act as client point of contact for specific investor queries or general fundraising issues
* Act as internal product 'expert', responding to team queries around latest fundraising progress and product details
* Working with support staff, monitor team activities to ensure action points are carried out.
* Strong team player with good people skills
* Business fluency in English
* Strong real asset background/education
* Numerical literacy:
o Understanding of what drives real estate returns
o Understanding of real estate capital stack: equity and debt
o Experience of either creating or interpreting Excel models
* Experience in putting together detailed information or marketing documents/presentations (in both Word and PowerPoint)
* Experience or willingness to be both client facing and responsible for managing projects internally
* Experience of CRM system would be an advantage.