- Driving and overseeing hotel Engineering functions towards highest performance delivery on operations, maintenance, engineering management, energy and environmental sustainability.
- Driving group Engineering and Fire Life Safety (FLS) Standards.
- Ensure hotels utilise adequate resources to implement Engineering services.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures, recommends within departmental policy appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Participate in the development and administration of the Engineering Division annual budget and forecast that needed and to implement adjustments.
- Manage and participate in the preparation and review of variety of reports for long-range engineering projects.
- Interview candidates for Director of Engineering positions.
- Maintain and update effective Energy Management and Maintenance Management Guidelines for use by existing hotels. Monitor implementation of these by the hotels and advise relevant parties where there are deficiencies.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on annual mechanical and electrical services capital expenditure budgets submitted by hotels.
- Monitor that all hotel mechanical and electrical services are audited a minimum of once per year in accordance with established SLIM guidelines.
- Establish / implement a structured and coordinated training process in conjunction with SLIM-HR and Global Academy to ensure proper succession planning for Level 1 / 2 / 3 Engineering and FLS Staff.
- Assist in the pre-opening period of new hotels & renovation projects for the mechanical and electrical services. Establish manning levels and set HEOS requirements for the Engineering Division.
- Provide feedback on problems and propose solutions arising from current projects during the design and construction phase.
- Conduct site inspections and report on progress, including areas of concern related to the mechanical and electrical installation and associated works.
- Provide support to ensure that the Testing and Commissioning is properly implemented.
- Provide support to ensure that soft and grand openings activities are properly implemented.
Innovations and Quality Assurance
- Develop and update all Group Standards such as Engineering and FLS Manuals etc.
- Support hotels to review feasibility studies on specific hotel related engineering projects.
- Monitor present and forecast future trends, systems and practices in hotel mechanical and electrical services technology. Recommend actions for implementation in new hotels.
- Participate in professional group meetings and stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of engineering.
- Conduct site inspections and report on progress, including areas of concern related to the mechanical and electrical installation and associated works
- Support hotels to review, evaluate and approve mechanical and electrical concepts submitted by consultants or contractors.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in real estate, retail or hospitality industries
- Ability to travel across South East Asia & Australasia
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualifications