You will play a pivotal role providing management support to the existing DM Team that will include supervising less experienced and graduate planning officers by allocating cases and signing off delegated reports.
In addition, you will work across teams reviewing officer caseloads, identifying complex issues, bottle necks, or where a scheme may have stalled, providing the officer with technical advice and assistance to "unblock" the application.
As part of this multi-faceted role, you will also attend to and resolve service complaints, member enquiries and present at virtual planning committee.
Key responsibilities include;
- Provide managerial support to the development management team
- Manage and mentor Planner of all levels from junior to Principal
- Allocate cases to the Development Management Team
- Sign off delegated reports
- Trouble shoot and resolve complex planning issues to "unblock" applications
- Review officer caseloads and performance in relation to meeting service targets and statutory time frames.
- Re-allocate development management cases if and when necessary
- Review and resolve complaints and Member enquiries
- Present at virtual planning committee
- Assist with the implementation of service improvements
You must have acquired practical experience in either of the above professional grades at a UK planning authority, have in depth technical planning knowledge and an aptitude for identifying and devising strategies to resolve complex planning issues in a pro development environment.
Furthermore you will have a supportive and encouraging approach to the management of more junior members of staff, a natural desire to assist their professional development and in still the knowledge and confidence to deal with complex planning issues.
Finally, applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and applications.
For further details, please feel free to contact Elliot Miles at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5261 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contract Duration: 3 months with a view to extension
Home working: full Remote based working available with the odd requirement to attend meetings when safe to do so.