As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for developing technical solutions in data center engineering projects from inception to completion. You will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the project is completed within budget and within time limits. You may be expected to travel for meetings if working on an overseas project.
- Undertake the technical qualification, planning and development of technical solution pre-deal.
- Manage and generate technical solution, project cost and planning structure for prospective deal engagements and investment approval.
- Appoint and manage design consultants in developing technical design and cost estimate within budget and in a timely manner
- Participate in the quotation and/or tendering process for the various stakeholders of the project such as project consultancy, contractors, nominated sub-contractors, vendors, suppliers, etc
- Support in project proposals to customer in terms of technical responses and advices
- Work closely with Client, Asset Owner and Operation team on any technical issues arising from pre-project stage, project execution stage and support the project team as needed.
- Conduct inspection of the project works at site together with the site team, report promptly on any non-compliance and safety matters and provide status update to relevant stakeholders
- Engage with Statutory Authorities where necessary
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in technical design/ presales
- Past experience in data center design, operation or construction is highly preferred
- Exhibit ability to work with multiple technical and non-technical disciplines to develop project technical design, cost and schedule.
- Able to develop preliminary concept design based on standard basis design.
- Ability to work independently, identify priorities and manage time.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel overseas to support on site activities, as required