Our client is an independent real estate investment management firm focused on Asia. It combines the flexibility and local knowledge of a boutique firm with a transparent and research driven investment process. On average, their senior management has over 20 years of experience in real estate including many years spent at major institutional investors.
They believe their success can be attributed to several factors. First, they have a consistent investment philosophy that balances risk and return. Second, as senior management is in the region, they have the ability to respond to the rapid changes that characterize Asia's economies and property markets. Third, they have a "hands on" approach to re-positioning, renovating, and recapitalizing investments that insures a greater degree of control.
Their Investment Criteria is in Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and select Tier 2 cities in China. Asset Classes: Office, Industrial, Retail & Residential. Deal Size: circa $20 million to $100 million
They are seeking an open-minded and capable CPA/ACCA, to join their team as Fund Controller in its Singapore Office. Directly reports to CEO Singapore.
- Working closely with the CEO, with regular interaction with partners, you will be responsible for managing and executing the private equity fund accounting and administration and investment transaction support.
- You will also be overseeing the group accounting and financial activities. Manage workflow to ensure deadlines are met, this includes planning and coordination with fund administrators, tax advisers, auditors, legal counsels and banking personnel.
- These areas include all NAV accounting matters, establishment of financial controls and operating procedures, management of consolidated financial statements and reports at both the Fund level and Fund holding company level.
- Prepare payments for portfolio companies/SPVs.
- Review monthly and quarterly financial work papers for portfolio companies/SPVs.
- Monitor cash flows and cash balances.
- Ensure portfolio's compliance with loan covenants.
- Maintain portfolio statistics.
- Provide active support from finance perspective during investment transactions (set up entities, arrange for necessary corporate documents etc.)
- Handles the consolidation of the Partnership.
- Qualified Accountant with 10 + years professional experience
- University graduate in accounting or finance, preferable with a CPA/ ACCA qualification
- Prior experience in a similar position in real estate fund operations
- Analytical in problem solving, able to make recommendations
- Good interpersonal and business communication skills
- Possess supervisory skill and able to give clear instructions to subordinate(s)
- Self-motivated, independent and results-oriented, with strong initiative
- Fluent language skills in English is essential
This is a great career opportunity with a successful boutique Investment Management firm.