Looking to further your retail management career in a dynamic and emerging market? An excellent opportunity to work as General Manager of this exciting premium mall in District 7 of Ho Chi Minh City
General Manager - Shopping Centre
Salary: US$120k - US$180k
Our clients are looking for a high calibre individual to join as General manager at one of Vietnam's primary Shopping Centres.
The General Manager will drive the business through a focus on performance, people, and process. This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
The General Manager (GM) will have the responsibility for enhancing the value of the property, maintaining the physical integrity, creating an excellent guest experience, and supporting tenant sales to position the property for future growth.
- Support the property and corporate strategic plan. Ensure delivery of Business Plan & Operating Budget
- Understand property financials including historical trends and variance analysis
- Deliver smooth and efficient operation of the Centre
- Identify sustainability initiatives
- Support and monitor the execution of Leasing and Marketing activities.
- Foster key relationships within the local authorities
- Manage capital projects and oversee tenant construction
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developer Focus:
- Prepare annual operating budgets, forecasts and P/L responsibilities
- Assist Accounting with Accounts Receivable
- Formulate strategic planning on project flow, positioning, trade mix, brand mix, rental budget and leasing strategies for management's consideration.
- Coordinate with local and international property consultancy firms
- Assist the Leasing agent in presentation preparation
- Review all leasing contracts
- Proactively increase the asset value of the property by minimizing vacancy rate
- Administer leases, reciprocal easements agreements, license agreements
- Oversee all projects tendering and planning
- Monitor all asset management functions including leasing, marketing & promotion, property management, tenant relationship management and customer services.
- Retailer & Tenant Focus:
- Maintain strong relationships with deputy GM and retail tenant managers
- Ensure delivery of first-class management and maintenance service to tenants
- Employee Focus:
- Responsible for all staffing matters
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports
- Demonstrate effective leadership by building great teams representative of the company's Core Values
- At least 5 years working in a similar position
- Knowledge of Retail Building Management and Customer Service
- Proficiency on software programmes - Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior organizational, analytical, reasoning ability, communication (both verbal & written), conflict resolution, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Business Administration Principles.
- Solid budgeting and report writing skills
- Mature, professional attitude with experience in communicating at all levels