Our client is a Sovereign wealth fund in Abu Dhabi. The fund is seeking a Head of Real Estate Europe based in Abu Dhabi who will be responsible for managing the pan‐European component of the Real Estate global portfolio. The objective is to maximize the rate of return on real estate investments. The Head will contribute to the development of guidelines and directives for real estate investments and to monitor and evaluate performance of all real estate investments. Identifying, evaluating and recommending changes in real estate investments
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the activities of the pan‐European real estate team based from Abu Dhabi.
- To work as part of the global real estate team to manage the real estate portfolio effecting acquisitions, disposals, re‐financings, asset management and governance activities as necessary.
- To source, evaluate and assess suitable real estate investment opportunities, identifying those to bring forward for IC approval.
- Includes receiving and discussing opportunities with the fund manager/ advisor, reviewing related questionnaire responses, preparing evaluation reports and presenting to Real Estate Department Committee.
- Present clear recommendations with all supporting material and full due diligence with strong ability to assess opportunities for proceeding with an investment
- To lead the due diligence activity, structuring and negotiations of real estate investment opportunities, in consultation with internal and external supporting functions and advisers
- Preparation and presentation of IC recommendations
- For all real estate investments to undertake asset management oversight and monitoring to ensure the mandates are being undertaken in line with agreed strategy, risk parameters and governance framework.
- To understand and monitor the real estate portfolios performance and to make recommendations where necessary.
- To take up appointments on Investment Advisory Committees & Boards of Directors
- For non‐discretionary investments, to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the specific assets, marketplace and strategy to enable the efficient application of the discretionary control so as to generate optimal performance.
- To build and maintain relationships with key managers and operators in the pan‐European region to ensure the group has access to the best investment opportunities.
- To have an extensive knowledge of the pan‐European real estate markets and market participants including those in the UK, Germany, France etc
- University Degree, preferably in Business or related field
- CFA, CAIA and/or MA/MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ principal investing & asset monitoring experience focused on the pan European real estate markets
- Main focus in the UK and mainland/Continental Europe – Germany, France etc
- Previous experience in analysing and investing via joint venture opportunities strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of European real estate markets (UK and continental Europe), market opportunities and key players.
- Portfolio construction and analysis comprising investment strategy, risk measurement and management.
- Sound legal knowledge (contracting with external fund managers) and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory and tax regimes in the principal investment centres on a pan‐European basis.
- Understanding of different fund management approaches
- Sound understanding of all aspects of benchmarking performance.
- Outstanding analytical skills and intellectual capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with senior and junior staff from different cultural backgrounds.