The Global Real Estate Investor is seeking an Investment Analyst to support analysis of real estate opportunities and support extensive transaction execution across Europe including the UK, Germany and France.
- The Investment Analyst main reasonability will include analysis of real estate investment opportunities, market and deal research, and support senior investment team members on transaction execution.
- Transactions are mainly direct real estate investments but could include M&A, indirect deals etc
- Sectors include commercial, logistics, residential and high street retail.
- The firm also undertake joint-ventures, co-investments at both an asset and portfolio level.
- Build and run financial models and lead all financial analysis that informs investment decisions
- Financial analysis will include of a wide range of real estate investments across multiple geographies and asset classes, with analysis including modelling of real estate cash flows, financing and tax assumptions, IRRs, output sensitivities, etc.
- Conduct research and liaise with other teams to formulate the in-house key underwriting assumptions
- Analysis and interpretation of real estate, economic and public company data, including financial statements, to conduct valuation and operational benchmarking
- Preparation of documents for internal and external purposes, including writing investment committee memos and presentations to partners
- Work within a small, relatively flat team, coordinating directly with senior team members and external advisors, allowing broad exposure to the full transactions life-cycle
- Strong analytical, technical and valuation skills, with a passion for real estate and financial modelling
- circa 6-18 months of relevant real estate investment work experience
- Proven experience in investment / financial analysis and transaction support, preferably within the European real estate sector including the UK, Germany and France
- Ideally experience within real estate investment banking or real estate private equity preferred
- Ability to work in a deal-heavy environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in presentation preparation, research and co-ordination of due-diligence
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to interact with external advisors and peers.
- Potential to develop industry network and contacts with peers over time and represent the firm in the European market
- Team player; self-starter; diligent, able to take initiative and work in a dynamic environment; professional and positive attitude
- Flexible, with an ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional, and international environment, with potential for travel
- Fluency in English. Fluency in French or German would be an advantage.