Established 20 years, recent successful €800m equity raise for deployment across Europe in value-add/distressed real estate, RE companies with operationally-tied variable cash flow and assets/platforms ripe for repositioning.
This is a replacement/growth hire, following a number of recent promotions in the investment team. The business is looking to bring in an Analyst to support the deployment of capital from the recently raised Fund, participating in all aspects of research, deal origination, modelling and analysis, execution and
post transaction management.
This will include:
• Analysis of opportunities, creation of corporate and asset investment models for underwriting and asset management purposes,
sensitivity analysis, production of deal memoranda for internal and external Investment Committee purposes
• Support in structuring potential acquisitions
• Support in the management and reporting of existing and new investments
• Support in the exit of transactions, realising value on underlying investments.
The business encourages an entrepreneurial approach and there is scope to extend the role as the Analyst develops their skills and experience.
Travel will become a more important part of the role as the Analyst takes on more responsibility.
Candidates must have:
• A strong academic background, degree-educated (2:1 and above) in a relevant subject
• A minimum of one and a maximum of two years’ experience as an Analyst in a real estate focused investment, corporate finance or M&A environment
• Excellent spoken and written English (essential), ideally also a second main European language
• Strong numeracy and very well-developed analytical ability - must be highly quantitative with very strong Excel modelling skills (this will be tested)
• Strong presentation and communication skills with a mature approach and the confidence to engage successfully with senior management
• Strong communication, listening and organizational skills
• Strong report writing skills/presentation skills
• Diligent self-starter with a positive attitude and flexible approach to work
• Willingness/ability to travel frequently
• Accurate under time pressure with exceptional attention to detail
• Demonstrable enthusiasm for private equity and asset-based investing.