Bright, dynamic and ambitious Investment Associate sought by top tier PE investor (student/PRS) with a very active pan-European deal pipeline (c. £500m dry powder).
The US parent company is a top 30 global real estate PE player with the European platform established for c. 4 years and now deploying its second value-add fund (£500m equity) plus sidecar through ground up development and acquisition of existing assets, typically in JV and working with local operating partners. The company plans to treble AUM in Europe in the next few years. Current portfolio (c.40 assets) is across W Europe.
They are looking to recruit a professional to support the acquisitions function across their European portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, self-starting and technically strong Investment Associate to work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment as part of a small, growing team in London. The successful candidate will join a fast growing platform which benefits from the support of a top 30 Global Real Estate PE parent in US.
- Evaluating real estate investment opportunities across Europe with cashflow modelling
- Underwriting and due diligence of investment opportunities
- Supporting full deal cycle
- Producing internal memos and approvals documents including Investment Committee memoranda
- 4-5 years' experience on buy-side in real estate private equity or investment banking
- Experience at value add/opportunistic end of scale, ideally with development component
- Advanced modelling, strong quantitative skills, able to build complex financial & cashflow models from scratch (will be tested)
- Experience of and ability to support the full-deal cycle
- Likeable confident personality, relationship builder, comfortable in voicing an opinion
- Additional languages (especially Spanish, French, Italian, Nordics) are a big plus
- Must have excellent written and spoken English
- Ideally has experience in one or more of: student housing, PRS/BTR, hospitality, senior housing, healthcare
- Ability to work autonomously and interact successfully with external advisors, strong communication skills
- Must have top academics from a leading University or Business School
- Bright, personable team player able to work under time pressure and on multiple tasks in an entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrable affinity to real estate
- High level of attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver with an open-mind and a willingness to learn.