Are you a self-starter that has a keen eye for administrative detail? Are you driven, focused and ready to hit the ground running? Then this is the role is for you…
Our client is a listed property investment holding company. They have over 40 properties in their portfolio comprising mostly of retail assets and are looking to appoint a diligent Leasing Administrator to join their Cape Town team. Reporting directly into the Leasing Admin Manager, you will be fundamentally responsible for providing administrative support needed to finalise the leasing contracts. Some of your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Drafting Agreements of Lease, Addenda, Cession and Assignments, Cancellations, Offers to Lease, etc
- Ensure compliance of the tenants in terms of the FICA requirements
- Undertaking credit checks on businesses and sureties
- Compiling and sending lease documents
- Accurately loading new lease / renewal charges on MDA
- Following up with Tenants with regards to the progress of signed Lease documents
- Ensuring Leases are properly signed with any amendments discussed
- Processing commission claims
- Dealing with administrative queries from Property Management companies
- Producing lease-related reports from MDA as required
- Ensuring Bank Guarantees and Deposits are received and acceptable
To qualify for this back office position, you will need to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a leasing administrator. Furthermore, you will need to be a hardworking individual who is highly skilled in administrative accuracy and attention to detail and dedicated to the task at hand. MDA experience is preferred. This is a ‘grown up’ environment where training will be given where necessary up front, after which you will be expected to produce work of only the most exacting standards. It is a small, efficient office which relies on individuals to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
If you meet the necessary requirements and believe that this is an opportunity you will thrive in, send us your CV in MS Word today!