As a Manager or Deputy Manager, you will be responsible for engineering and project implementation from its inception to its completion. You will work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the project is completed within budget and within time limits. You will be expected to travel for work if you are tasked to take on an overseas project.
- Execute the technical qualification and project planning of pre-deals as the Head of Department shall direct. Lead and generate project cost and planning structure for prospective deal engagements.
- Execute approved projects’ quotation and/or tendering process for the various packages such as project consultancy, contractors, nominated sub-contractors, vendors, suppliers, etc in accordance to the approved procurement process.
- Execute approved project plans and manage Project Assistant Managers, Site Supervisors and appointed consultants, contractors, suppliers and vendors to ensure general supervision of the project work and the management of site implementation and all project related matters.
- Organise and conduct regular separate and/or combined meetings with Clients, Asset Owners, appointed consultant, contractors, vendors, etc to address all project related matters including but not limited to below:
- Site project management and track progress of project implementation against the approved schedule
- Cost reports including forecast cash flow of project expenditures, monitoring spending of cost against approved budget, forecast project expenditures, etc.
- Statutory Authorities matters.
- Conduct inspection of the Project Works at site together with the site team and report to Project Director and Head of Department promptly on any non-compliance and status update
- Work closely with the Safety Manager to ensure all construction safety requirements are met and strictly adhere to.
- Work closely with Client, Asset Owner and Operation team on any technical issues arising from site and execute the Project Handover timely to Client, Asset Owner and Operation team respectively.
- Manage and execute other duties and responsibilities from time to time that are assigned by the head of department.
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Project Management for Degree holders
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in Project Management for Diploma holders
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience in data centre consultancy and/or construction is preferred