This council is looking for a Development Control Planner with 3-5 years' experience to join the team and work on a mixed caseload of minor, complex medium and small scale major applications entailing house holder, residential, mixed-use, commercial and change of use both in urban and rural areas.
The council have expressed they have a number of very interesting mixed-use and residential schemes for this planner to work on comprising of schemes up to approx. 10-15 units in greenbelt and rural areas. This council has a very flexible approach to how they organise there officers caseloads, and have a proven track record of progressing planners onto bigger and more complex applications once they feel comfortable.
Duties will include;
- Managing a caseload of minor to small scale major planning applications within statutory time frames
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Attending site visits as and when safe
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Pay Rate: £32.00 - £33.00 per hour Limited
Contract duration: 3 months on a rolling basis
If you would like to be considered for the position, please contact Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.