An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Planning Officer at a central London Borough Council with an exemplary reputation for delivering high quality and innovative development through the Planning system.
As a Planning Officer within a fast moving area team, you will be responsible for managing a caseload of minor to complex medium applications encompassing residential, householder, commercial, change of use, mixed use and listed building consents.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Undertake duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions and reserved matters
- Issue Certificates of lawful developments
- Prior Approvals
This represents an excellent opportunity for a Planning Officer who wishes to work at diverse and densely populated London Borough Council providing unique exposure to a variety of different types of development.
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK or overseas.
You will have an acquired a minimum of 12 months post qualification experience processing minor to medium applications in conjunction with a natural enthusiasm for Town Planning and Development Management in particular.
In addition to this candidates will have good analytical and communication in both written and verbal forms.
For further details please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on either 0207 318 5263 or