An outstanding and career enhancing opportunity has arisen for Planning Officer - Major Applications at one of London's most pro development and coveted borough councils.
In this vibrant and dynamic development management service, you will play a key role managing a diverse and varied caseload of minor, complex medium and small scale major applications.
In addition, you will work closely with Senior and Principal Planners from the Major and Strategic Applications Team assisting with the progression of large scale major and strategic applications through the planning system that will include GLA referable schemes such as Tall Buildings, residential led mixed use, commercial, office and community infrastructure.
This will involve attending pre-applications meetings with leading developers, architects and agents in conjunction with negotiation and discharge of conditions for major and strategic applications.
This role represents a real opportunity for an ambitious planner who is keen to progress there career in major applications and projects.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage and process a varied and broad caseload of minor, complex medium and small scale major applications consisting of residential, commercial, change of use and mixed use applications, listed building consents and single dwellings etc
- Assist with paid pre-application meetings and negotiations for large scale major and strategic applications
- Negotiate the discharge of complex conditions and reserved matter applications
- Assist with correspondence with GLA and TfL when required.
- Draft detailed and robust committee reports
- Assist with stakeholder and community consultation events
- Assist Principal and Senior Planners in the Major Applications Team with complex planning issues.
The successful candidate will have acquired practical experience as a Planning Officer in Development Management processing a caseload of minor to complex medium applications, majors experience is a bonus but not essential.
In addition you will have a pro-development outlook with a desire to deliver major development in London as having a prestigious scheme of this nature will enhance any CV and the candidates future career prospects.
Finally you must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excemplary written and communication skills.
For further information or an informal discussion, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright on 0207 318 5263.