A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Principal Planning Policy Officer to work for a prestigious Council based in the Home Counties.
You will play an extremely vital part in developing and progressing the Local Plan, Implementing large Major Applications into the plan alongside working collaboratively with surrounding councils to ensure the housing requirements of the council are met.
This authority are at a crucial part in there local plan and now feel there is a major requirement for an experienced Planner to come onboard to Implement and deliver the local plan, advise and consult with developers on major projects as well as work closely with the team to tackle some of the Environmental issues that have arisen.
Key duties will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of Local Plan documents
- Engaging with and managing external consultants assigned to the delivery of numerous policy studies
- Produce development briefs
- Review the Neighbourhood plans
- Collate evidence base data to support Local Plan documents
- Conduct Local Plan reviews by evaluating existing policy documents and drafting amendments and updates where necessary.
- Draft Local Plan policy documents and associated DPD's and SPD's
This client has a broad policy programme that will provide you with the opportunity to work across a variety of different thematic policy areas.
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject and have acquired practical experience as a Principal/ Senior Policy Planner working on the preparation of Local and neighbourhood plans.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please contact Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261.