With a key interest in retail innovation, our client a real estate developer has been expanding its footprint in China over the past 10 years, They are looking for a dynamic project manager to join their China team. Our client is a multi-business company providing robust solutions in property, infrastructure and investments.
Based in China and being part of the retail business unit, you will see tremendous opportunity from participating in the new retail with its existing assets, pipeline developments and new business as the retail landscape undergo an era of transformation.
Armed with 10 years of experience, you will review all asset enhanbcement planning from initial phase to conceptualisation. Being single point of contact, you will manage all stakeholders (internal and external) from program tracking, site management for the construction phase of the project, including handover to shopping mall operator.
- Active involvement through stages of the projects (conceptualization, schematic design, detail design, documentation, construction.
- Analyse and manage risks (technical, feasibility, financial, resources, safety, health).
- Lead and coordinate project teams, specialists, vendors to achieve the project outcomes.
- Thorough contract administration adhering to the prescribed processes and compliance requirements.
- Main internal/external contact point for the project execution. Seek customer satisfaction and ensure support/report to internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiar with the local authorities approval procedures in order to work with consultants, contractors, partners to secure the necessary planning and technical approvals.
- Accurate and timely reporting, ensuring effective communications of recommendations with supporting analysis for informed and efficient decision making.
- Identify development issues early, seek continuous improvement.
- Coordinate effective transfer to the team in charge of the post-project support (i.e. Operations)
- Organize project closure with a smooth transition to the shopping mall operations and conclusion of defects rectification process.
- Close project accounts with conclusion of Final Account with contractor and payment to respective consultants and other anciliary fees.
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Sciences or a related technical field/ disciplines
- 8-10 years of relevant working experience in retail development and/or project management
- Proven track record in site/project/contract management in construction (preferably for shopping malls) in China
- Previous employment with a real estate developer, particularly in retail, would be advantageous,
- Effectively bilingual in both English and Chinese
- Strong foundations in retail real estate with a keen interest in retail innovation.
- Possess a good understanding of China retail real estate market
- A team player with ability to collaborate across various parties, while resourceful and able to work independently in a dynamic environment