Our client comprises corporate advisory, equity underwriting and principal investment businesses. They provide a broad range of services including specialist capabilities in
- mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and corporate restructuring advice
- equity capital markets, equity and debt capital management and raising
- debt structuring and distribution
- private equity placements
- principal products including development capital
Regional Development & Construction Director, Data Centres
Early Stage Development: As the key technical and commercial resource for the Development of the Data Centre portfolio, you will work closely with the team in each relevant country as well as potential and current development partners. You will assist Team Executives to identify and assess new data centre opportunities in Asia as well as undertake due diligence on projects or development opportunities including the selection, appointment and management of due diligence advisers as necessary.
You Will Also
- manage and obtain all environmental approvals and other development permits on existing and potential projects.
- build strong working relationship with key developers in the sector and other potential partners.
- ensure all potential investments are in accordance with investment criteria and are integrated successfully into the portfolio.
- engage and manage suitable consultants to undertake environmental impact assessments on the identified sites
- proactively manage the development process including identifying key risks to project delivery and managing budget and funding to minimise potential losses due to delays or failure to secure projects.
Late Stage Development: You will identify any remaining development permits or consents required before construction can commence and work to secure these and de-risk projects before the financing process begins.
Construction Phase: Here you will act as board representative on the project during the development phase with overall responsibility for managing the on time, on budget and safe delivery of the project.
In Addition, You Will Need
To succeed in this role, you will have a minimum of 15 years' experience with an infrastructure asset manager, data centre operator, internet/technology company, EPC contractor, telecommunications utility or related field.
- experience working in a data centre developer or contractor, IT contractor, commercial building developer or contractor, or similar
- proven commercial skills in negotiating commercial building or infrastructure contracts and involvement in successful negotiations relating to contract variations
- project development experience including the identification of sites, negotiation of land leases or options, securing backbone and grid connections, easements, planning and environmental approvals
- equipment procurement experience, selecting suitable equipment suppliers and running competitive tenders for greenfield infrastructure projects
- understanding of, and experience implementing, Workplace Health Safety and Environment (WHSE) standards to industry best practice
- experience with scoping and selection of owner's engineers, legal advisers and other technical advisers or consultants for utilities projects
- demonstrable preference for working in an entrepreneurial environment; superior analytical and numerical skills
- experience in working successfully with international and local financial institutions to deliver project finance solutions
- high commercial acumen and solid verbal and written communication skills
- while English is the primary language of Macquarie Group, a second language in Korean, Japanese, Mandarin or Cantonese would be highly desirable.
- construction project management experience
- operational management of IT infrastructure, data centre, commercial building services, utilities projects or plants either as part of an industrial owner, utility, technology company or investment fund
- managing data centre, commercial building or utilities projects from development stage through to construction which have successfully secured non-recourse project finance.
- international experience in Asia
- strong academic record with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as Engineering or Construction Management