This is an Associate to Senior Associate level asset management role with one of the leading US private equity real estate players currently investing in European commercial real estate. Focused on driving value creation both directly and via local operating partners, the ideal candidate for this role will have experience of hands-on asset management across diversified asset classes with a value add to opportunistic approach. Must be highly numerate with a minimum of five years' experience and great Excel modelling skills. The successful candidate will join a small, specialized asset management team with responsibility for mixed assets across Europe.
* Daily interaction with external asset managers on business plans, including preparing and agreeing budgets, reviewing property management accounts and ensuring on time delivery of quarterly information
* Collaboration with acquisitions team, portfolio managers, and accountants to model asset cash flows, waterfalls, and projections
* Monitoring existing asset performance including monthly and quarterly metric comparison and budget to underwriting performance.
* Preparation of quarterly asset management update reports for each asset
* Quarterly portfolio-wide asset valuation process
* Running scenario analysis for potential sales and re-financings in order to make strategic decisions regarding the asset business plans
* Overseeing compliance with financing obligations (collating delivery of compliance certificates for banks, ensuring debt facilities are promptly drawn and utilized, liaising with advisors to develop deal-by-deal hedging and refinancing strategies)
Education: Strong undergraduate degree, preferably with a focus on Real Estate, Finance or Business
At least five years' experience gained in real estate-focused investment banking, investment management, corporate finance, consulting, or private equity
Requires strong modelling skills in Excel with the ability to build complex DCF models
Experience of preparing reporting for investors and Board
Good understanding of real estate as an asset class.
Strong written communication skills and excellent spoken and written English
A second European language is an advantage,
Experience in asset managing via third party operating partners would be an advantage
Competitive salary and attractive bonus and benefits offered along with a collegiate culture and a great working environment