This role supports Head, Retail Assets in the development and implementation of leasing operation and asset management strategies to optimise return on investment for the retail mall.
- Conduct meetings with the operational team to discuss leasing progress/issues as well as operational issues.
- Prepare Annual Business Plan and assist the Head of Retail in monthly reports.
- Set marketing/leasing strategies and structure/strategize leasing deals to achieve maximum rental income for the retail mall. This includes asset positioning, tenant/trade mix, target industries, tenant sizes, subdivision strategy and understanding the market dynamics etc
- Work closely on major renewals to manage the lease expiry profile of the tenants as part of risk management and work on new leases to drive performance.
- Work closely with the marcom team on programs to drive footfalls and spending to the mall.
- Monitor the performance indicators such as occupancy, rental and NOI margin for the mall and provide explanation to the portfolio's reforecast NOI variance, achieved rentals, occupancy and margins.
- Propose Asset Enhancement Initiatives to the mall to enhance the marketability, trade mix with a view to optimize the performance.
- Minimally a recognized Degree in Business, Real Estate and/or Marketing related disciplines.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in leasing, retail management with exposure to asset management in a REIT / real estate fund environment an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Good team player, possess a high level of initiative, hands-on, resourceful and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated, positive, driven and willing to learn.