Our client is a leading brand in the South African real estate market who value their people and believe in creating sustained value for all their stakeholders. Their corporate values are focused on ethical behaviour and sustainable business practises, and they strive to be the best company in their market.
The primary purpose of the role is to oversee and improve the performance of the assets and people within the portfolio. Based in the North West region, the Senior Property Manager will be responsible for the performance of 4 assets with a total GLA of over 80 000sqm. From a staff management perspective, you will have 8 direct reports at different levels of seniority.
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Assume responsibility for the effective operations/facilities management within the portfolio.
- Compilation and management of budgets and forecasts, arrears and utilities management.
- To assess and manage staff and staff functions within the respective functional areas and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Setup and manage a leasing strategy per property in conjunction with the asset management and national leasing team to improve the letting strategy within the portfolio
- Establish and maintain tenant relationships via regular tenant meetings and tenant surveys
- Provide regular operational and management reports across functional areas.
- Manage and direct the coordination of the property and lease administration activities of the portfolio to ensure and support the performance of the portfolio.
Suitable candidates should have no less than 10 years' experience within property management at a managerial level and the majority of their careers should have been spent within the retail property management environment. Extensive experience in general property administration, accounting and operations / facilities management is required in addition to a property related degree.
We receive many strong applications, should you not be contacted by us within the next 5 business days, consider your application unsuccessful.We very much appreciate the interest you have shown and encourage you to keep an eye on future opportunities on www.macdonaldandcompany.com.
Please let us know if you have any other queries, otherwise we wish you all the best for the future.