In this post you will play a pivotal role supporting the Senior Landscape and Tree Officer within the council’s Planning Service by providing specialist Tree advice as well as promoting the retention and preservation of existing Tree’s and the planting of new Tree’s on private land.
Furthermore, you will use national guidance and technical documents to support the councils position by preventing unauthorised feeling of trees as well as educating residents, colleagues and stakeholders on the principals of tree protection and good arboriculture care.
- Assist the Senior Landscape and Tree Officer with the performance of their duties in relation Tree and Arboriculture care and preservation
- Review and comment on planning applications covered by Tree Preservation Orders and with Section 211 notifications concerning Trees in Conservation Areas
- Respond to all enquiries regarding trees and provide advice on tree impacts.
- Draft new and emergency Tree Preservation Orders
- Maintain and update Tree Records and preservation documentation
- Draft detailed and accurate tree reports and specifications
- Advise on and specify work that can be undertaken on protected Trees
- When necessary inspect development sites to ensure necessary action is taken in accordance with planning permission
- Inspect Tree’s and collect evidence in relation to unauthorised work
- Promote public awareness of tree’s to improve knowledge, care and appreciation
- Deputise for the Senior Landscape and Tree Officer when required
In addition you will have a sound understanding of associated legislation government guidance and process with a strong work ethic and good communication skills.
For further information or an informal discussion, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email; email@example.com