Our client is a leading global investment management company with presence in 17 countries worldwide. They manage in excess of $60 billion, purely in real estate, which is their ONLY specialty.
They are looking to hire a VP/ SVP Real Estate aquisition & asset management to join their team in Seoul, Korea. The position will work on opportunistic and value-add PE investments for their Asia fund series.
Qualified candidates will have end to end track record of leading and investment execution from sourcing to closing. The role will support existing partner relationships and source new transactions ans also oversee closed projects undergoing active asset management.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Head of Acquisitions & Asset Management by leading as transaction manager on deals from early acquisition stages to closing.
- Possess strong financial acumen and comfort in dealing with numbers to be able to review, recommend, and articulate investment-related points of view.
- Support preparation of materials for investment committee approval processes.
- Support and coordinate with other internal divisions on due diligence of legal, tax, physical, environmental.
- Work with local lenders to support financing of targeted projects.
- Work closely with the Head of Acquisitions & Asset Management to negotiate and coordinate documentation and agreements with counterparties.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 12 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or related discipline.
- Private equity and principal investment experience preferred.
- Development related project experience preferred.
- Positive/ problem-solving attitude and willingness to work diligently and entrepreneurially highly preferred.
- Ownership of projects to produce quality and timely work.
- Analytically inclined, detail-oriented, and organized with focus on deliverables.
- Native Korean speaker with strong verbal and written English and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to identify, focus and address critical issues.