Job SummaryMacdonald & Company are pleased to partner with a leading multifamily developer & investor to place an acquisition's associate, or analyst to join the team in San Antonio.
This position is primarily responsible for providing analytical and due diligence support to the investment team while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of financial data used to make critical investment decisions. The core responsibilities will include analysis, underwriting new investment opportunities, performing due diligence and managing the closing process.
- Work with the investment team to manage and expand database for both existing and new investment opportunities.
- Assist with screening and evaluating investment opportunities. Perform due diligence on new investment opportunities through research, financial modeling, participation in meetings and travel when necessary.
- Manage and coordinate the closing process of acquisitions and dispositions of assets. Assist in deal structuring, purchase and sale agreement, partnership agreements and third-party due diligence reports. Act as a liaison with owners, legal counsel and third-party contractors.
- Organize demographic, economic and market research. Present to the investment and asset management teams drawing objective conclusions.
- Perform on-site due diligence reviewing physical inspection of assets, auditing operating statements and evaluating on-site staff.
- Attend meetings with investment managers, brokers, lenders, consultants and research firms.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, accounting or similar degree required, preferably with a minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to perform a variety of responsibilities with an attention to detail, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. Must take initiative, be resourceful, prioritize and perform within a team environment while maintaining focus and multitasking in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit strong intellectual curiosity.