Job SummaryThis well established family office has a well established commercial property portfolio. As result of business growth, our client is looking to hire an Asset Manager to be responsible for the direct management of a UK-based, commercial portfolio. This role will be office based and may involve one day a week in a different office.
This role and will see you take responsibility for managing in-house teams and third party consultants, with duties including:
- Managing investment transactions - due diligence, negotiations, underwriting, execution and project and partnership management.
- Financial modelling and reviewing of the viability of property opportunities - working independently.
- Participating in investment and strategy meetings and contributing to the formulation of robust business plans for current and prospective purchases.
- Maximising the value of the existing portfolio from an investment perspective, leading, and implementing asset management initiatives.
- Identifying asset management opportunities caused by voids and involved in providing oversight negotiations of new lettings, lease renewals, rent reviews and dilapidation settlements.
- Reporting on lease events with recommendations on actions
- Leading marketing on all space available to let and for sale within the portfolio.
- Managing third parties where required – solicitors, agents, building surveyors, rent review surveyors, contractors, architects, planning consultants, rights of light and party wall surveyors.
- Overseeing preparation and reconciliation of service charges.
- Coordination of budgets, forecasts, and analysis to support advice and decision making.
- Providing valuation advice for portfolio purposes