Job SummaryOur client is one of Asia’s largest diversified real estate groups. Headquartered in Singapore, their portfolio focuses on real estate investment management and real estate development, and spans across more than 260 cities in over 40 countries.
As a member of the in-house legal team, you will be working on complex transactions particularly in the area of real estate, involving acquisitions, divestments, M&A deals, joint ventures, private equity transactions, restructurings and general advisory work, including lodging specific advice. Our in-house counsels provide legal expertise and a seamless integrated service across our network of offices in Singapore and overseas.
You will be drafting legal documents clearly and concisely, creating solutions using legal knowledge and commercial judgement to advise and support our local and international teams. You will also be working as part of cross-border and interdisciplinary teams to advise on corporate transactions involving compliance with local laws and business requirements, structuring of overseas deals and execution of transactions, together with external counsels where required.
- Draft, review and/or negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements in the area of real estate matters, including acquisitions and divestments, joint ventures, M&A deals, private equity transactions and restructurings (including cross-border transactions in Asia, Australia, US and Europe)
- Advise business stakeholders on such transactional matters
- Monitor and advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Support the legal department in managing any litigation or contentious matters across various jurisdictions with a focus in Asia.
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates and other documents to ensure best practices
- Coordinate and liaise directly with overseas business teams
- Coordinate and liaise with external counsels
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for real estate transactions.
- Draft routine leases, non-disclosure agreements, engagement letters, and amendments and create templates
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before real estate transactions are executed
- Manage regulatory and compliance-related services.
- Support legal and general advisory needs associated with a large-scale real estate portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in law or equivalent with at least 5 years PQE in a law firm or as an in-house counsel in corporate real estate with good academic history and proven legal skills, combined with a strong reputation for providing commercial solutions, and excellent transactional and management skills.
- Strong background in corporate work, probably gained from practice in a law firm or as an in-house counsel.
- A team member who is able to work independently and confidently with our stakeholders, as well as create workable bespoke solutions for our stakeholders’ objectives.
- Experienced in advising on complex international transactions and in organizing and managing transactions, including cross-border transactions.
- Demonstrate excellent document drafting skills. You should demonstrate strong communication and analytical skills along with a high level of commercial awareness.
- You will need to demonstrate that you can thrive in a team with high professional standards and a flexible client-friendly commercial approach. You will have had strong exposure to collaborating with multi-jurisdictional and multi-disciplinary teams.