Our client is a leading player in the real estate investment, management, and development sector, focusing primarily on the vibrant Washington, DC metropolitan area. They are partnered with Macdonald & Co. to appoint an ‘Associate of Real Estate Finance & Investments’.
With more 1MM SF of AUM, they specialize in large-scale, high-impact development projects and manage a diverse portfolio of real estate assets. With a significant presence in Opportunity Zones, they prioritize sustainability, and community integration.
We are currently seeking an Associate, Finance and Investments to join their team and support senior leadership in financial modeling and analysis across various aspects of their business, including development pipeline, strategic investments, leasing opportunities, and real estate funds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop financial and feasibility analyses for property investment, financing, development, and fundraising stages.
- Enhance and maintain real estate development and investment financial models, providing guidance to analysts.
- Source project and market assumptions for pro forma models, ensuring alignment with current market conditions.
- Manage portfolio roll-up and fund models to facilitate comprehensive analysis.
- Create detailed waterfall projections for investor ROI and distributions.
- Evaluate potential real estate acquisitions, supporting assumptions in investment memoranda and presentations.
- Assist in capital strategy analysis, including equity and debt capital raise activities.
- Oversee preparation of partner-level reports and analyses as needed.
- Support the Capital Markets team in preparing analyses and reports for investors and partners.
- Continuously evaluate and enhance assumptions, materials, team performance, and workflow for increased productivity.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (concentration in finance or business administration preferred).
- 3+ years of relevant experience in real estate finance, acquisitions, development, or underwriting.
- Strong ability to analyze and communicate fiscal aspects of commercial real estate assets.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, adept at managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Excel-based financial modeling with strong analytical skills. Proficiency in PowerPoint, Yardi, and market research platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of supporting underwriting assumptions.
- Comfortable working within a team and providing guidance to analysts.
- Exceptional organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Experience interacting with brokerage and market research communities.
- Understanding of advanced financial concepts, real estate acquisition and development metrics, and fundamentals of multifamily and office investments.