Job SummaryCapital Markets – DCM
We have partnered with a leading global real estate investment manager with an excellent reputation in the industry. Macdonald & Company are assisting them with the build out of their Regional Debt Capital Markets function. The first addition to their business will be based in Japan, and they are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Capital Markets Associate to join their team and contribute to their debt capital markets activities in the region.
As a Capital Markets expert focused on Debt Capital Markets, you will play a crucial role in supporting their growth in executing debt financing transactions and managing relationships with key stakeholders. You will work closely with the APAC Head of DCM to develop and implement debt capital markets strategies, analyze market trends, and provide support throughout the deal lifecycle. Advising the business on potential funding strategies, thinking creatively to optimize capital structures, and originate and execute both asset and fund level loans as well as manage loan workouts.
You would work on a variety of loans including a mixture of senior loans, development loans, Revolving Credit Facilities and subscription/equity lines and covers all real estate asset. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Debt Capital Markets as they explore and execute upon a wide array of credit raising strategies e.g., private and public bond issuance, CMBS, loan-on-loan or repo funding.
- Support the origination and execution of debt capital markets transactions, including debt issuances, refinancing, and other debt-related activities.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify debt financing opportunities, assess market trends, and evaluate the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including acquisitions, asset management, and finance, to gather relevant information and ensure alignment in debt capital markets strategies.
- Prepare marketing materials, offering memoranda, and presentations to communicate investment opportunities and strategies to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the negotiation of financing terms, conditions, and documentation with lenders and other financial institutions.
- Monitor debt capital markets activities, including interest rates, credit spreads, and investor demand, to provide timely updates and recommendations to senior team members.
- Maintain and update financial models, databases, and other tools to support investment decision-making and portfolio monitoring.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, investment performance analysis, and client presentations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with lenders, underwriters, rating agencies, and other market participants.
- Stay informed about industry developments, regulatory changes, and market trends relevant to debt capital markets in the real estate sector to enhance the team's knowledge and expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business, or a related field. Advanced degree (e.g., MBA) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of debt capital markets, fixed income products, and financial markets.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a similar role within the debt capital markets division of an investment bank, real estate investment manager, or financial institution.
- Familiarity with Japanese debt capital markets and regulatory frameworks is highly desirable.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to perform financial modeling, valuation, and risk analysis.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills to handle multiple tasks and deliver high-quality work within deadlines.
- Proficient in using financial software and tools, including Bloomberg, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English and Japanese (both written and spoken) is required.