Job SummaryMacdonald & Company are proudly partnered with a thriving Residential and Commercial Real Estate Development firm to identify a Chief Investment Officer, who will set the strategic direction and priorities of the firm as they expand across new markets.
With a 50 year track-record across the Southwest, the company have developed a multitude of Build-For-Rent and Commercial/Office projects, amongst others, and pride themselves on bringing a strong return to their loyal base of investors whilst also improving the local community. The group have a large pipeline of active projects under construction, and strategic plans to expand their portfolio of Build-For-Rent project across the Midwest.
Operational and Strategic Management
- Develop, in coordination with the Executive Management Team, an integrated strategic business plan that optimizes market share and profitability of existing and new projects.
- Strategically review company performance on a regular basis to determine whether the company is meeting its short-and long-term objectives.
- Regularly view the operating results of the company & compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Lead and promote the company’s direction and momentum, its business performance, the positive external impact, and internal business climate, people and services.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to the Executive Management Team to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies.
- Set departments’ high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations and providing them with the necessary resources to achieve success.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the company to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities of all executives are clearly defined and understood.
- Ensure effective and regular communication as appropriate to outside stakeholders, investors and project lenders.
- Ensure development of an effective organizational structure and the promotion of a positive internal culture in which management development for succession is nurtured.
- Provide the required linkage between the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team and provide them with adequate information to carry out their responsibilities.
- Develop strategies for generating resources (equity and debt) for the Company to meet the needs of all upcoming projects and personally implement those strategies.
- Oversee, with the CFO, the development and management of the Company's annual budget.
- Coordinate with CFO to provide for outside accounting services and any necessary audits.
- Develop and oversee the Company's philanthropic/charitable giving consistent with the Company's history and practice.
- Periodically review and check the performance of the Executive Management Team and recommend remedial action and improvements.
- Delegate responsibilities and authority to appropriate executives in order to ensure efficient running of the company.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all executives and recommend adjustments in roles and responsibilities as well as salary adjustments, rewards/bonuses, recognition, and promotions.