Job SummaryWe are seeking a dynamic and experienced Commercial Manager to join our clients consulting team as a key advisor on a major program of development.
you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the cost, commercial, and contract aspects of the project.
This position requires the candidate to be willing and able to travel to the client site in Southern China for 2 weeks per month.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on cost, commercial, and contract management for the Construction Programme PMO.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies and processes to optimize financial performance and ensure contractual compliance.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including project managers, finance teams, and legal teams, to establish and maintain effective cost control mechanisms.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of project costs, identify potential risks, and recommend appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and manage contracts with suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure favorable terms and conditions for the project.
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of the project, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with commercial policies, procedures, and relevant regulations.
- Provide guidance and support to project teams on cost estimation, financial control, and contract management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or a related field. A master's degree would be an advantage.
- Proven experience as a Commercial Manager in the construction industry, with a strong focus on cost, commercial, and contract management.
- In-depth knowledge of cost estimation, financial analysis, contract negotiation, and legal aspects related to construction projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate risks.
- Excellent negotiation and contract management abilities.
- Proficient in budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and compliance requirements in the construction industry.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to China for the duration of the project.