Job SummaryMacdonald & Company are delighted to be working with a Global Property Consultancy who are seeking a motivated and experienced Commercial Property Manager to join the team at Senior Surveyor level. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a public sector property portfolio based in London and Hertfordshire, ensuring that it is maintained to a high standard. You must be knowledgeable about sites and buildings, mainly vacant, are managed from both a Landlord & Tenant and Health and Safety aspect.
You will be working day to day with Senior Client Contract whether as part of the overall management of the asset or as occupiers of assets.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the property portfolio is managed effectively
- Site inspections
- Ensure that all properties are maintained to a high standard, and that repairs and maintenance are carried out in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Liaise with tenants and landlords to ensure that leases are renewed or terminated as required
- Manage the procurement of goods and services for the properties, including cleaning, security, and maintenance services
- Ensure that all properties comply with relevant health and safety regulations
- Prepare reports on the condition of the properties, including recommendations for improvements and upgrades
- Assist in the development and implementation of property-related policies and procedures
- Update the health and safety compliance system (Meridian)
- Cost control
- Delegate work responsibilities to subcontractors
- Experience of managing property portfolios, preferably within the public sector
- MRICS desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of property management best practices and legislation
- Experience of managing contractors and suppliers
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Good IT skills, including experience of using property management software
- A full UK driving licence.