Job SummaryAs a Construction Manager you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the planning, coordination, and execution of construction works on a new-build data centre project. To be the right fit for this position, the successful candidate must have a minimum of 8-12 years of experience full-time on-site, with exposure to working on data centre projects or in the mission critical sector.
While taking responsibility for the management of all aspects of the construction process, from project initiation to completion, ensuring adherence to budget, schedule, and quality standards, the successful candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Project Planning and Coordination:
- Collaborate with the project team to develop comprehensive project plans, including scope, schedule, and budget.
- Coordinate with architects, engineers, and subcontractors to ensure seamless project execution.
- Review and evaluate project drawings, specifications, and other relevant documents to identify potential issues or discrepancies.
- Construction Execution:
- Oversee the construction activities on-site, ensuring compliance with safety regulations, building codes, and quality standards.
- Monitor and manage the project schedule, identifying and resolving any delays or issues that may arise.
- Conduct regular site inspections to ensure the quality of workmanship and adherence to project specifications.
- Budget and Cost Management:
- Prepare and manage project budgets, tracking expenses and ensuring cost control throughout the project lifecycle.
- Review and approve subcontractor invoices, change orders, and other financial documents.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and implement effective strategies to optimize project profitability.
- Team Leadership and Communication:
- Lead and supervise the construction team, including subcontractors and vendors, ensuring clear roles and responsibilities are defined.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment, promoting effective communication and problem-solving amongst team members.
- Provide regular updates on project progress to stakeholders, highlighting any issues or risks and proposing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or other related field.
- 8-12 years of proven experience in construction management, with a focus on data centers or mission-critical facilities.
- Strong knowledge of construction processes, building codes, and safety regulations.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in using project management software and tools.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to project sites within the Philippines.
If are interested in working for a leading developer, owner and operator of Data Centres based globally, please get in touch.