Job SummaryABOUT THE COMPANY
The firm is a top 3 vertically-integrated national Multifamily Developer that has entered every major market nationally.
The Development Associate’s primary responsibility is to work with other Development team members and the Managing Director in the pursuit of new development business, market research, site acquisition, due diligence, managing the design process, financing, and zoning. This position reviews each phase of the construction process and oversees site specifications.
- Pursues new development business, conducts various market analysis and financial feasibility research, and conducts preliminary due diligence.
- Creates a pro forma for new development including market information, operating expense data, and estimated hard and soft costs.
- Contributes information for the product and design for developing property, ensuring that building design codes are compliant with local, state and federal laws.
- Conducts site visits to execute and document framing walks and general construction walks.
- Participates in development meetings sharing information such as specifications, contract negotiations, and coordination of construction.
- Facilitates duties with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, property owners, project managers, and other development associates.
- Ensures strict compliance with plans and communicates to the Managing Director any critical issues.
- Manages the construction draw process, develops monthly project reports, and reviews each phase of the construction process.
- Manages third party inspections and bond releases for projects nearing completion.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as safety, non-discrimination, information systems, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Competitive base salary.
- Bonus opportunity.
- Upwards mobility and growth progression.