Job SummaryMacdonald & Company are pleased to be partnered with a leading multifamily developer and investor to find and appoint a Director of Capital Markets to join their team in Austin, TX.
The Director will lead in the financial analysis, analytical decisions and technical expertise for Capital Markets function. The Director will lead in designing and building sophisticated financial models for sponsor ventures as needed. The Director will also be afforded the autonomy to independently manage the financing of property-level debt and oversee the transactional process.
- Lead the origination and structuring of corporate and property level debt and equity financing
- Perform property-level underwriting to project future cash flows
- Lead the review and negotiation of mortgages, construction loans and other credit facilities
- Lead the review and negotiation of property level equity letters of intent and joint venture documents
- Coordinate all due diligence activities and assist in loan closing preparation and post-closing matters
- Oversee the drafting of offering memorandums and other marketing materials
- Assist in the creation of various presentations including committee memos and summary correspondence
- Construct complex financial models
- Advanced proficiency with PC applications such as Argus, Microsoft Excel and Word with strong financial modeling skills
- Knowledge and/or experience developing financial models, cash flows, NPV & IRR analysis and capital planning
- Strong consulting, oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Ability to work in a complex team environment across multiple departments
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and manage tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Real Estate preferred
- 8-10+ years of commercial real estate experience in a financial analysis role
- Direct experience in the negotiation of credit agreement and equity agreement documentation
- In-depth understanding of overall due diligence process, underwriting and valuation models, and real estate finance and debt structures
- Problem Solving– Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions.
- Customer Service– Committed to getting to know and understanding the needs of your customer.
- Creative- Show imagination. Generate new ideas to problems or innovate around already established approaches.
- Organized– Plan and organize tasks in an efficient productive manner. Focus on key priorities. Can juggle multiple projects.
- Quality– Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality performance