Job SummaryMacdonald & Company are pleased to be exclusively retained by one of their best clients to find and appoint a Director of Industrial Development to join their team in Dallas as they continue to grow a significant pipeline throughout the US.
The group is well positioned and capitalized to expand its development program. In this position, you will be a key member for the execution of industrial development projects for the company. They are currently active in Phoenix, Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Houston, Greenville S.C and is looking to expand into several other key markets, they currently have a development pipeline of 10,000,000 s/f.
As a Director of Industrial Development, you will be charged with the entitlements, permitting, construction management, development, leasing and disposition of different developments.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Have a specific knowledge of site selection (e.g. taxation, utilities, networks, entitlements and land use, site feasibility and due diligence studies, risk management, security considerations, etc.)
- Have the strategic vision and executive presence to represent the group to government entities, economic development agencies, new business allies and be able to represent your vision
- Have significant knowledge and experience with a broad variety of construction means and methods.
- Oversee and facilitate the design, entitlement and construction process for new development opportunities in the industrial sector.
- Work closely with the Acquisitions Department to promptly analyze and ensure project feasibility for both new development as well as redevelopment/repositioning investments.
- Possess strong negotiations skills that have resulted in financial, business and legal benefits.
- Prepare and maintain project performance metrics that include pre-development budget, development budget, and project timeline.
Education and Experience:
- BS, BA or MBA in Business, Finance, Real Estate, Construction Management or Master’s in real estate development a plus.
- 5- 10 years of construction management and/or development experience within the industrial space
- Strong negotiations skills from both a Business and Legal terms standpoint.
- Ability to develop and review development budgets to understand specific development pro-forma and valuation components.
- Extensive market knowledge with an established network of brokers, developers, and colleagues in the industry.
- Experience with Planning & Zoning requirements and processes required to obtain building permits
- Sufficient knowledge of favorable site characteristics
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint)