Macdonald and Company Is proudly partnered with a growing Austin real estate firm to appoint a newly-created, key strategic hire Into their team, as Director of Asset Management.
Purpose of Job:
The Director of Asset Management, is an integral role within the Company and is responsible for developing and executing property level strategies to enhance and protect asset value, meet investment objectives, and oversee key asset management issues of the Company's properties and/or portfolios. This person will interact extensively with senior management as well as others within the Company.
- Responsible for the overall operation and performance of multiple assets within a portfolio.
- Develop comprehensive asset strategies to include leasing, property improvements, and capital structure.
- Communicate directly with external partners and lenders on approved asset strategies.
- Provide financial and operational oversight at both the property and portfolio level to ensure the economic viability of the properties. Supervise the annual budget process with assistance from property manager, investment partners and internal analyst resources to include presenting and implementing the property budget/business plan.
- Understand competitive positioning relative to rents, lease terms and overall occupancy and the means to maintain a competitive edge. Monitor market trends in value, cost and supply/demand fundamentals and continuously review portfolio for opportunities to add value through renovation, expansion or repositioning of the assets and make recommendations accordingly.
- Monitor and review property level valuations on assigned assets each quarter. Maintain ARGUS files and DCF models.
- Analyze and compare current and historical operational NOI against key metrics and original underwriting.
- Prepare quarterly reports on property performance to include progress on strategic initiatives and comparison to budget and development underwriting.
- Assist in the development and execution of leasing and marketing plans for properties to include lease up projections, estimated tenant improvement costs, marketing methods and associated budget, and prospect plans, etc. The leasing plan will include an emphasis on relationship development with tenants. The plan will include working within the Company to consistently apply best practices across the portfolio with an emphasis on high occupancy at the best economic terms.
- Assisting in the leasing program will require the Director of Asset Management to engage in regularly scheduled leasing calls to review prospects and gather market intelligence, meet with top brokerage teams, develop relationships with existing tenants and facilitate marketing events as necessary. A thorough knowledge of the macro market, submarkets and competition will be required via market tours, research reports, tenant relationships and brokerage relationships.
- Assist in revising Leasing Policies and Procedures as determined by ownership for distribution to property leasing personnel. Administer the Exclusive Leasing Agreement with selected leasing team.
- Assist in the coordination and negotiation of leases. Review and analyze detailed financial analysis of existing portfolio assets and property specific lease transactions. Obtain partnership approval for leases outside the approved parameters of the joint venture documents.
- Coordinate capital improvement projects from concept to build out, including working with internal and external project team members.
- Transition acquisitions into operations smoothly
- Facilitate disposition activities
- Assist with the professional development, training and mentoring of other team members. Serve as a resource for answering questions and providing guidance to fellow team members.
- Help and participate in various projects and reports as required by the Company, as well as be a key team member in providing senior management with information and analysis on assigned assets.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Real Estate.
- 5-7+ yrs. of institutional level asset management experience.
- 5+ yrs. of office, retail, and/or industrial asset management experience w/ prior regional supervision responsibilities of multiple assets including direct responsibility of the leasing program.
- 5+ yrs. of direct responsibility managing a leasing program and a proven track record of tenant retention via successful renewals.
- Successful record of accomplishment and demonstrated experience with analyzing complex investment issues, developing investment strategies and executing strategies to achieve results and effectively manage risk.
- Advanced user of Excel, and proficient in Word and Outlook.
- Argus experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and communication skills.
- Supervisory experience, with proven skills in developing and motivating a team to achieve high performance.