Macdonald & Co. is partnered with a vertically-integrated Multifamily Investor and Developer, to appoint a Director of Investments in Nashville, TN.
The Director of Investments assumes a pivotal position in the supervision and enhancement of the multifamily portfolio's performance, while also contributing to the identification of investment prospects.
The position necessitates a seasoned professional in multifamily asset management, one who can demonstrate a history of optimizing asset worth and is motivated to engage in multifamily acquisition and development endeavors.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operational aspects of a portfolio of multifamily properties, encompassing a wide spectrum of tasks such as meticulous due diligence for potential acquisitions, execution of enhancement initiatives, supervision of property administration, strategic business plan adjustments, financial performance oversight, expenditure management, identification of on-site value enhancement opportunities, real-time tactical adaptations, and oversight of disposition strategies.
- Actively engage in novel initiatives involving the acquisition and development of multifaceted properties, collaborating closely with the group’s internal teams.
- Contribute valuable insights pertaining to risk assessment, operational strategies, capital enhancement schemes, due diligence protocols, and holistic business plan formulation.
- Conduct rigorous assessments to identify and address potential risks associated with various multifamily properties.
- Ensure rigorous adherence to statutory compliance, safety standards, and comprehensive insurance coverage.
- Spearhead comprehensive market research and analytical efforts targeting the group’s multifamily markets of interest.
- Stay well-informed about the most recent market dynamics, insights, and demographic trends to inform both ongoing and prospective investment undertakings.
- Offer recommendations concerning significant capital events, such as asset divestment or refinancing within the group’s multifamily portfolio. Assume a leadership role in guiding the execution of these strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with the Vice President of Investment Operations and General Counsel during negotiations involving multifamily contracts, agreements, and any legal matters or potential litigation.
- Collaborate in conjunction with the Finance team to oversee comprehensive investor and lender reporting, effective cash management strategies, and equitable distribution practices.
- Maintain regular communication with the group’s investor community, strategic partners, and key stakeholders through diverse channels, encompassing presentations, comprehensive reporting, and responsiveness to individual requests.
- Foster synergistic collaborations with essential stakeholders throughout the organization to foster continuous quality enhancements and generate added value for investors.
- As appropriate, direct the activities of professionals specializing in retail leasing, playing an active role in negotiating commercial lease agreements for properties featuring mixed-use components.
- A bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from an accredited institution is required, with a preference for fields such as real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics, or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 7+ years of hands-on experience in the management of multifamily assets.
- Demonstrated achievements in financial planning, budgetary control, team nurturing, and performance oversight.
- A documented history of delivering measurable outcomes to the organization, including the ability to scrutinize opportunities and risks, formulate and execute corresponding action strategies, and produce tangible results.
- A penchant for thriving in a work environment characterized by organizational flatness and the entrepreneurial spirit typically found in small businesses.
- Possession of a robust work ethic, coupled with the capability to both lead and function as a collaborative team member within a group-centric company culture.