Job SummaryA global developer and operator of data centre facilities in searching for an experienced Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager to join their team on a full-time basis in Manila, the Philippines.
As the EHS Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive EHS programs and policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and contractors. Your primary goal will be to minimize risks, promote safety awareness, and ensure compliance with local regulations and international standards.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and implement EHS policies and procedures in compliance with local regulations, international standards, and company guidelines.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to identify potential health and safety hazards, and address any non-compliance issues promptly.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with relevant government agencies and regulatory bodies to ensure compliance and obtain necessary permits and certifications.
- Provide guidance and training to employees and contractors on EHS policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Develop and deliver EHS training programs to enhance employee awareness and promote a culture of safety throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate risks associated with facility operations, construction, and maintenance activities.
- Conduct incident investigations to determine root causes, develop corrective actions, and implement preventive measures to avoid future occurrences.
- Prepare and submit regular reports on EHS performance, including metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), to management and other stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, regulations, and best practices in EHS management, and proactively implement necessary changes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Oversee the procurement and maintenance of safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees and contractors.
Key requirements in this role will include but not be limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience in EHS management, preferably within the construction, engineering, or data centre industry.
- In-depth knowledge of local EHS regulations and international standards (e.g., OSHA, ISO 14001).
- Strong understanding of risk assessment methods and techniques, incident investigation procedures, and safety management systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with a track record of successfully implementing EHS programs and driving continuous improvement.
- Professional certifications in EHS management (e.g., NEBOSH, OSHA) are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and EHS management software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
If you are a dedicated and experienced EHS professional who is passionate about creating a safe and healthy work environment, we would love to hear from you.
Note: This job description is a general outline of the primary duties and responsibilities of the EHS Manager role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Duties and responsibilities may be subject to change based on organizational needs and priorities.