Job SummaryThe Company
My client are an investor and developer in both residential and commercial real estate which they manage with a design-led, service oriented and value-add approach. The team have grown their portfolio, mainly located in London to a gross value of approximately £1.5 billion.
50 people are employed in their head office in Central London.
They are seeking a Head of Corporate Operations to cover maternity leave for approximately 13 months.
There are two main areas of responsibility within this role:
- Management and implementation of company-wide SaaS Software and IT system;
- Management of operational processes across the business, including oversight of the Operations team.
In this role, your priority will be to lead the implementation of the new Management Reporting System across the business, which should take place over the next 12-18 months. This will involve:
- Managing the ongoing tender process and negotiations with preferred provider;
- Detailed project management of system implementation;
- Oversight of the service level agreement between the Company and the provider;
- Acting as the key liaison between the provider and internal stakeholders;
- Providing regular updates and raising awareness of the new system across the business;
- Coordinating training and one to one support to users to ensure successful implementation;
- Monitoring usage and managing system improvements/adjustments as required.
In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
1. Office Operations
- Managing the agenda for our monthly Town Halls;
- Management of supplier contracts (printers, M&E etc) including tendering when required;
- Management of the Operations Team (4 people);
- Events organising (Summer Parties/off-site Board Meetings);
- Office refurbishments, reorganisation, moves;
- Data mapping/modernisation of the office – scanning/filing/archiving overview.
- Maintaining the Company Risk Register;
- Oversight of Health & Safety across the company;
- Ongoing management of GDPR compliance, including managing policies, staff training, management of 3rd parties;
- BCP/ Crisis response.
- Ongoing management of our existing Document Management System – NetDocuments. This includes training new starters and organising refresher training, chairing the NetDocs working group, implementing changes to Company structure, managing the relationship with the provider;
- Ownership of the IT strategy and ongoing relationship management with our IT provider.
You will have strong project management/IT programme management skills, with experience in implementing similar systems in small to mid-sized companies. You must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to proactively work with internal and external stakeholders, providing a high level support and be willing to go the extra mile to ensure the success of the project.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience managing projects and implementing systems in a similar sized company (Agile/Prince 2 practitioner would be beneficial)
- Experience within the property sector is strongly preferred, although not essential;
- Ability to work with various people in a proactive manner;
- Experience working with corporate policies including GDPR, Health & Safety, Business Continuity Plans etc;
- Experience managing a team, proactively providing feedback and holding performance reviews;
- Ability to chair group meetings and work closely with senior business leaders;
- Be a team-player and willing to help and assist colleagues with unexpected duties as and when they arise.
- Employer pension contribution of 10%, subject to you contributing 4%
- Private health insurance for you and your family, currently provided by BUPA
- Healthcare cash plan, including access to a digital GP and for medical expenses, currently provided by Simply Health
- Life assurance at 4 x salary
- Onsite gym, private garden and fruit platters
- 25 days holiday per year, plus an additional 3 days paid holiday due to the office Christmas closure.
Please note that this role requires you to be in the office full-time.
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply with your most up to date CV for a confidential conversation around the company and position on offer.