Job SummaryTitle: Industrial Development Analyst
Intro: Macdonald & Company is proudly partnered with a legacy firm in Dallas, Texas to appoint their next Industrial Development Analyst.
As the firm’s newest Industrial Development Analyst, you will be charged with the underwriting of industrial development and acquisition opportunities across the United States.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Draft and present investment committee memos used for the internal approval of acquisition and development opportunities.
- Manage the due diligence and transaction process for both development and acquisition opportunities.
- Prepare sophisticated financial models for industrial development and acquisitions, leasing analysis, and analysis of joint ventures and other complex capital structures.
- Coordinate with lenders, capital partners, title, escrow agents, inspectors, and appraisers
- Monitor key transaction dates for land and building acquisitions.
- Analyze tenant financials and creditworthiness.
- Support capital raising efforts through the creation of debt and equity memorandums.
- Report monthly to lenders, capital partners, senior leadership, and other stakeholders regarding ongoing project status, critical tasks, and performance metrics
- Assist in evaluating the feasibility of potential development sites, including but not limited to, zoning, site, market, and financial feasibility.
- Conduct detailed market research and perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of competitive landscape.
- BS, BA or MBA in Business, Finance, Real Estate preferred.
- 2-3 years of real estate finance / underwriting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint).
- Experience with legal documents associated with real estate transactions is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must work well in a multi-functional collaborative environment and demonstrate a strong work ethic and committed client service.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex legal and financial documents necessary to communicate with clients.
- Ability to effectively and concisely present information
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize workflow and meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude with the desire to work with others in a highly collaborative environment.