Job SummaryOur client is a traditional real estate focused private equity business. They invest in value-add and opportunistic real estate across Northern Europe. To date they have focused on the living and healthcare sectors, but they will invest wherever they see the right long-term fundamentals. Wherever they invest, they partner with highly skilled management teams to scale and build leading real estate businesses.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and lead a variety of financial analyses, in support of the firm’s due diligence of investment opportunities.
- Responsible for cash flow modelling and valuation of assets, properties, and portfolios.
- Communicate with internal and external audiences around an array of subjects related to the firms’ transactions.
- Prepare I.C memoranda and present I.C presentations.
- Offer insight and ideas regarding potential investments, creative transaction structures and deal terms that help lead to successful transactions.
- Develop and maintain understanding of developments and trends in the economy and real estate industry and incorporate the most up-to-date information into analyses.
- The firm invests across all real estate asset classes but has a focus on Living Space & Healthcare.
- Geographical focus is across the UK & Ireland and across Northern Europe (France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands).
- Attend select seminars and conferences related to real estate.
- Review data research and ESG data to include into underwriting to make assessment.
About the Candidate
We are seeking an Senior Analyst or Associate with 2 - 5 years’ of real estate private equity, corporate finance, hedge fund or investment banking experience and with a strong quantitative skillset. Given the entrepreneurial nature of the team, we are seeking a dynamic and self-starting candidate who is able to work autonomously and has excellent organisational skills.
The candidate’s skills, experience and qualifications will ideally include:
- 2 - 5 years’ of real estate private equity, corporate finance, hedge fund or investment banking experience with a track record in real estate investment/transactional work
- Strong academic pedigree with a MSc or equivalent professional qualification preferred
- Highly numerate with excellent financial and/or real estate analytical skills
- Experience in complex financial modelling
- Strategic mindset and the ability to communicate effectively to a highly sophisticated investment organisation in a concise and precise manner (fluent oral and written English is essential, a 2nd European language would be useful)
- Team player with a professional work attitude, sense of humour and ability to work to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with those from a variety of disciplines