Job SummaryOur client is a dynamic and forward-thinking investment firm with a focus in Southeast Asia. Their portfolio encompasses a diverse range of real estate assets, and highly committed to enhancing their value and exploring new investment opportunities.
As an Investment Director driving the growth of our investment and advisory business, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and growing our real estate investments across Southeast Asia including Greater Mekong area. You will be responsible for managing multiple portfolios and driving improvements in our existing holdings. Your background in private equity, financial firms, or venture capital will be instrumental in guiding our growing yet dynamic Advisory and Real Estate Investment teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive investment and advisory strategy that drives sustainable business development and growth for portfolio companies.
- Build and manage a high-performance team of investment and advisory professionals, including providing coaching, mentoring and support.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with portfolio companies, investors, and other stakeholders, directing and advising growth strategies for financial return.
- Conduct due diligence on potential investment opportunities, assessing the potential risk and return on investment.
- Actively work with portfolio companies post-investment and provide guidance on investment and business growth strategies, including financial planning, market analysis, and fundraising strategies.
- Support the organisational and operational growth of portfolio companies, providing guidance on areas such as management, marketing, and process improvement.
- Drive revenue growth and profitability for the investment and advisory business through effective marketing and sales efforts.
- Monitor and analyse market trends, staying abreast of changes and developments in the investment landscape.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders, including financial institutions, government agencies, and business associations.
- Manage budget and financial performance, ensuring that resources are allocated efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience managing full-cycle deals in venture capital, private equity, family office, investment banking (M&A, corporate finance)
- Strong financial modelling and valuation skills, with a proven track record in asset management, and successful portfolio exits
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to build and manage high-performing teams
- Strong business acumen, with a keen eye for new investment opportunities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill