Job SummaryAbout the company:
Macdonald & Company are proudly partnered with a national Multifamily ground-up development group to appoint a Regional Partner in Phoenix, AZ. The firm is a multifamily developer with 20+ years experience specializing in the ownership and development of multifamily housing throughout the US. Currently, the group has a robust development pipeline across key US markets totaling approximately 5,000 units with a total capitalization in excess of $1.4 billion.
This well-capitalized group are further expanding their presence across key regions, and are entering the Arizona market to further enhance their platform out West.
The Regional Partner/Managing Director reports to the Managing Director, Pacific Northwest & Mountain West, and is responsible for managing all phases of the multi-family development process. This entails the sourcing and execution of development projects including market analyses, financial analyses, site selection and budgeting, design, management of the entitlement process including presentation before municipal and other regulatory boards, and participation in the construction/lease up process.
Acquisitions & Development:
- Identify and assess multifamily development sites through market research, demographic studies, apartment database reviews, competitive analysis and market relationships.
- Work together with construction and operations personnel to underwrite new development opportunities including identifying market-specific economic and demographic data, rental comparable information, construction cost estimates, local permit and fee costs and local supply and demand statistics.
- Oversee and implement all facets of the development process including planning, design, entitlement, construction and lease-up of the projects.
- Thoroughly review civil, architectural, and interior design plans to drive quality and cost effectiveness.
- Prepare informational packages for the internal Investment Committee as well as offering memorandums for equity partners and outside lenders.
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor project budgets and prepare monthly project development reports.
- Build and maintain project proformas with a minimum of monthly updates to project assumptions, strategies, and both actual and re-forecast spend.
A&E Design Management:
- Lead the selection process and design process involving architects, artists, designers, engineers, and contractors to ensure that project goals and objectives are achieved efficiently, economically, and impactfully.
- Track and close-out open items, oversee cost estimates at each design phase, lead value-engineering efforts, and ensure that all creative and feasible solutions are considered to deliver a successful project on-time and on-budget.
- Manage consultant scopes of work, RFP processes, leveling of bids, and negotiation and finalizing of contracts including AIA agreements.
- Ensure coordination with design personnel on experiential elements of the project including art, signage, lighting, and interiors.
- Walk the construction site on a regular basis, attend Owner-Architect-Contractor (OAC) meetings, oversee clarifications and change orders from the jobsite in conjunction with the Director of Construction.
- Oversee Project Handover – Collaborate closely with Asset Management and Property Management to ensure a smooth and seamless transition of the project to an operating occupied asset including development of a detailed commissioning plan and responsibility matrix.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual bonus in 30-50% range.
- Generous promote in deals.