Job SummaryTired of getting tangled up in red tape?
Operating for over the last decade, our client is a well-established property development & investment company with a spirit of entrepreneurship and dynamism. With a strong, experienced backbone of a team, they offer bespoke services in property development & management, asset management as well as retail leasing. In addition to this, they have a fresh, forward-thinking view on property investment which has translated into their impressive portfolio of mainly commercial with some retail buildings. They also boast exciting, groundbreaking developments underway. To join this small but agile team they are looking for a Debtor's Clerk who will report into the Financial Manager.
Looking after a portfolio of 12 buildings, with up to 500 tenants, the duties for this role will include but are not limited to:
- Following up on outstanding debt daily.
- Responding to and resolving tenants' queries
- Drafting and sending out agreement of debt, letters of demand, etc.
- Working closely with stakeholders such as: Centre Managers, Asset managers, etc.
- Assisting bookkeepers on coding of bank statements and ensuring correct allocation on tenants' accounts.
- Ensuring daily receipting is done on time and assisting with capturing when needed.
- Ensuring monthly billing is prepared and reviewed.
- Ensuring any adjustments to accounts are processed correctly and timeously.
- Preparing bad debts journal entries and obtaining relevant approvals for capturing.
- Preparing accurate weekly debtors reports for meetings.
- Preparing of debtors’ or tenants’ reconciliations when required.
- Analysing and reconciling for the purpose of monthly management accounts and Board Packs.
- Accurately monitoring changes in daily / monthly age analysis.
- Performing Legal Handovers.
- Performing any related ad hoc duties.
The successful incumbent will have at least 2 years' experience in a similar position within the Commercial Property space. A Matric certificate is mandatory, however a tertiary qualification in Finance/Accounting or Business as well as proficiency using MDA is advantageous. Problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail will secure.