Job SummaryProvide Direction to an already top achieving team.
Our prestigious client is a force to be reckoned within the Real Estate financing space. They have been recognised as one of the Best Performing divisions for the institution and have been a recipient of several prestigious awards: which not only reflect their product expertise but also their understanding of the markets in which they operate. Providing term and development funding in all areas of the real estate sector, they have also extended to various countries on the continent creating a footprint across Africa. Some of the clients which they provide solutions to include commercial, industrial and retail developers, investors, residential development and term funding for rental stock (including affordable housing) as well as owner occupied properties and portfolios. Owing to a recent promotion, this blue-chip client is seeking to appoint a Credit Manager who will be responsible for assisting the Relationship Management team in complying with the credit committee standards to successfully bring deals across the line.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Manage and assess credit applications on property-based deals.
- Recommend appropriate changes where required to credit applications.
- Maintain approval of credit within policy parameters and mandate structures and ensure adherence to credit policy/lending strategy.
- Verify pre-sales.
- Monitor credit quality of regional portfolios.
- Monitor that all loans are regularly reviewed in terms of the policy.
- Monitor arrears on the book.
- Manage asset quality distribution of book.
- Preparation of monthly risk reports.
- Provide support and advice to Relationship Managers.
- Liaise with key clients and make recommendations for effective deal structuring in conjunction with account executives.
- Maintain regular communication with stakeholders.
- Assessment and interpretation of financial statements for listed/unlisted companies.
- Manage credit team.