Job SummaryBased in Singapore, you will oversee the entire financial operations for Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. Your role involves managing the financial systems and practices within the portfolio to ensure the timely, accurate, and comprehensive delivery of financial information in accordance with relevant accounting and taxation principles. Operating across diverse entities, you will lead a team of Finance Managers, Accountants, and respective department support staff, ensuring that work is generated according to agreed business reporting to HQ and relevant statutory timeframes. You may also being requested to carry out any other duties deemed reasonable and necessary as may arise from time to time.
- Ensure the punctual submission of financial reporting, financial statements, and tax submissions to government and HQ.
- Ensure that reporting functions and responses to ad hoc requests for financial information are delivered appropriately and promptly.
- Conduct a monthly balance sheet review to ensure compliance with the Group’s accounting policies, highlighting material variances for review with HQ.
- Ensure annual statutory reporting complies with IFRS and respective countries tax regulations.
- Collaborate with auditors on audit matters and external tax advisors on compliance and planning.
- Ensure adherence to audit timelines during the audit process.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day finance operation matters to support smooth business operations.
- Recommend, establish alignment, and implement internal controls for business and financial process controls to mitigate risks.
- Manage, lead and guide the finance and accounting team members in SG, MY and Indonesia.
- Foster a positive team culture that encourages collaboration, innovation, and a commitment to excellence.
- Identify and nurture talent within the finance team, supporting career development and progression.
- Be responsible for the deliverance of the annual budget of country level to HQ.
- Assess the current finance systems and needs, identifying areas for improvement.
- Research and evaluate new finance technologies or upgrades to existing systems, if required.
- Oversee the implementation of new finance systems, ensuring a smooth transition and minimal disruption to operations, if required.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline and optimize financial processes.
- Identify bottlenecks or inefficiencies in financial workflows and implement changes to enhance efficiency.
- Implement best practices in financial processes to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the finance department.
- Regularly review and assess the effectiveness of finance systems, seeking feedback from stakeholders, and making imperative improvements.
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance or its equivalent
- Chartered Accountant qualification. CFA/ MBA will be an added advantage.
- 15 years of relevant experience with at least 5 year experience in similar position.