Job SummaryAbout the Company:
Macdonald and Company is partnering with a leading vertically integrated multifamily developer specializing in multifamily asset development and acquisition in high-growth markets. With a robust portfolio exceeding $4.5 billion and 20,000 units currently under management, our client is a prominent force in the industry.
We are seeking a dynamic Regional Vice President of Construction to provide comprehensive field leadership and direction across multiple projects. The role entails spearheading site utilization logistical planning, project planning, and scheduling. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring project safety, maintaining quality control, adhering to schedules, managing client relations, and strategically staffing projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Management:
- Manage Superintendents and Project Managers, providing vision for project planning, coordination, sequencing, and site utilization.
- Develop the overall construction plan collaboratively with Superintendents and Project Managers.
- Oversee and manage all job site activities, ensuring internal and OSHA safety compliance requirements are met.
- Communicate project issues, events, and performance to the Senior Vice President (SVP).
- Provide effective solutions to issues, events, and challenges, considering financial implications and ensuring projects stay on track.
- Identify premobilization activities in collaboration with the Lead Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Develop start-up schedules, including priority purchasing requirements for a successful project start.
- Foster a high-performance team through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Ensure regular feedback is provided to subordinates, including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Enhance relationships with owners, architects, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Develop objectives/goals for each assigned individual.
- Communicate with the Project Management Team, subcontractors, and vendors to align with the Project Schedule.
- Represent the client in interactions with owners, architects, consultants, government authorities, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Manage all preconstruction activities with the Estimator and Project Manager to ensure proper budgeting throughout the development process.
- Develop the project plan and provide clear direction and input into the Baseline Schedule for the Project.
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of the Project Baseline Schedule based on contracts and subcontractor input.
- Oversee the schedule to ensure work aligns with the contract and exceeds client expectations.
- Review and approve the Monthly schedule update from the Scheduling Consultant.
- Provide guidance on Superintendent’s look-ahead scheduling and planning.
- Review and assist staff in developing planning, ensuring clear communication throughout the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field is preferred, or equivalent project experience.
- 20+ years of experience in the construction industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Procore.
- Familiarity with Primavera P-6, Microsoft Project, Hand Drawn Schedules, planning sheets, Bluebeam, Adobe, colored pencils, markers, and paper drawings.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules.
- Familiarity with LEED principles.
- Ability to multitask and handle competing priorities while maintaining excellent customer relations.
- Business judgment and understanding of the balance between budget and construction processes.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage the details necessary for successful construction.
- Judgment to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
- Excellent management skills to effectively oversee subcontractor performance to ensure high quality.